Okay, you probably have awesome friends, lots of them. But how many of them are your true friends, friends for life? Not many, is there? Well, that is the way it is meant to be. So how do you separate the chaff from the wheat? It is not that hard. Screen your friends based on the qualities listed below and the handful left are the ones truly bonded to you, yes your best buddies!
- You know everything about them and them, you!
Parents often complaint about that friend who happens to know things about you that even they don’t. You find it so easy to confide in him or her. They may not always instant solutions or even smart solution, but what matters is that they are always there to listen, a shoulder to cry and then crack you up with a joke or two.
- Your soul-mate, the friend version!
The moment they find that you are blue; they don’t start bombarding you with questions. They come and sit quietly beside you, rubbing your hands, massaging your shoulders and eventually ask, ‘Wanna go for a ride?’
- At times, we all get that urge to do something crazy; be it throwing rocks at your ex’s window or pulling a prank on your professor, there is always someone that comes to your mind right from the planning stage. Your perfect partner in crime. You know they would never question your motives, the rationality of your action, but just ready to go with you to the edge of the world.
- You shut everyone out, not them:
We all prefer to be left alone when disaster strikes; be it a broken heart, flunked exam, missed deadline or the death of a near one. Facing anyone or answering their questions, even your parents, is such a big emotional drain and you just don’t want to put up with that. You prefer shutting yourselves in a room, completely away from everyone else. But, there is one person for whom you would open the door for, you secretly wish for them to turn up.
- The one you are comfortable crying with
You act all irked up for before them for disturbing you, nonetheless you open the door for them. Eventually you start opening up, and let the tears flow. They never utter a word and just silently listen. And when all that is over, you feel lighter, stronger and inevitably better.
- The one you trust blindly:
Be it in the school days when he prompts you the answers and passes the chits during the exam or the one who acts as your proxy when the attendance is being registered, there is the one whom you trust without batting your eyelids. You trust them with your deepest secrets because you know a third person will never hear about. Be it about your secret crush, the despicable thing you did recently, that harrowing skin disease or your father’s drinking problem.
- Sharing is caring
You feel so much better to have someone to share your deepest insecurities with.
- That friend that you can so fall in love with, but do not because you cant risk losing their friendship
- She dumped you? Well, her loss!
You will need your friends after a break up more than any other time. It is the time when you are at your absolute lowest, feeling like crap and you need your best buddy to lift up your spirits. They often end their relations with that person just because they ended theirs with you. That is how far they are willing to go to show how important you are for them.
- If you have such people in your life, never let them go. Hold them close to your bosom and let them know how much they mean to you.