People these days love watching movies in their vacant hours, especially during their day offs, or during weekend breaks. The main reason for this is that people would always want to be inspired, and this inspiration can be acquired from watching movies; inspirational movies to be exact. These kinds of movies are undeniably well-loved by a lot of people.
Most of the inspirational movies will bring lessons about life. These might be a true life story of a famous individual, or simply a product of imagination that will leave great lessons and inspiration to the viewers. Whatever the story and lessons you will get, one thing is for sure and this is the fact that inspirational movies are worth watching.
In relation to this, here are some inspirational movies that you will surely love to watch, and will inspire you to go on with your life and make the most out of it:
- Gandhi – This is a movie directed by Richard Attenborough. It is the story of the world famous Indian spiritual and political leader named Mahatma Gandhi. This is a thorough biopic made ever. There is no question about that since Gandhi is a very important person and a very influential one. The movie has a setting that happens in the 20th century. This is the fight of Gandhi in order to attain Indian Independence from the British colonizers. This movie depicts how brave Gandhi is in fighting the enemy the diplomatic way.
- Braveheart – This is a story of a young man named Wallace who fought for revenge on the English enemies who killed his brother and father in a war. After that tragic incident, Wallace was then raised by his uncle. When he was 20 years old, he met the love of his life who was Murron. Wallace was actually more than ready to forget about revenge, until Murron was killed by the English soldiers. This was the time he seeks for revenge for her love. In this movie, you can see what a person can do due to intense love he felt inside.
- Men of Honor – This is a true story military drama that will really inspire you about life. This is the story of Carl Brashear, who happened to be an African-American who worked in the United States Navy as a diver. The story became interesting when his white navy colleagues were discriminating his black color. However, he never stopped until his colleagues accepted his existence.
- A Beautiful Mind – This is the story of a famous mathematician named John Forbes Nash Jr. This is an inspiring biological drama directed by Ron Howard. As a conceited and arrogant professor, John was later on diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia. He was battling with his illness for several years, but his wife Alicia never left him until he achieved full recovery. After his full recovery, he then won the Nobel Prize.
- The Shawshank Redemption – This is the story of Andy Dufresne, who happened to be a banker. He was accused for a double murder. He was then sent to prison. Inside the prison, he was recruited by his inmates to participate in the plan of escape. Even he was forcedly persuaded, he still managed to remain calm and hope that his innocence will prevail, and he made it.
These are just 5 of the great inspirational movies that you can watch. For sure, these movies will inspire you and leave some lessons to learn.