For those who don’t know yet, PHP is a server-side scripting language in the virtual world that is used by a lot of people. From the moment it was developed, PHP undeniably experienced some great innovations. It is now used in developing more complicated websites as well as web applications that are very helpful for all. In relation to this, here are 10 PHP frameworks for developers that will surely help a lot:
- Laravel – Amongst great number of developers, Laravel is considered to be the most popular PHP framework available even though it is just a new framework introduced in the virtual market way back in the year 2011. It has a number of screenshot tutorials offered on its official website, and these are known as Laracasts. There will be quick application development with Laravel because of its numerous amazing features.
- Symfony – There are great number of fans of this PHP framework, and it even has big community of developers. In fact, a lot of impressive projects make use of Symfony just like phpBB forum software and the content management system of Drupal. When you go to the official website of Symfony, you can take a look at its showcase section where you can have the chance to see all the successful projects done by the developers.
- CodeIgniter – It was initially released in the year 2006, making it as one of the oldest PHP frameworks available nowadays. The installation process of this PHP framework will never give you difficult moments; not to mention the fact that it is just a lightweight one. There will only be minimal configuration needed. If avoiding PHP version conflict is what you want, then CodeIgniter should be you top choice.
- Yii 2 – Compared to some other PHP frameworks, Yii 2 is considered to be the fastest one. It makes use of the lazy loading method, which is why it is the top choice of many. With this, more efficient performance of your website is assured. This is an object-oriented framework, and it follows the coding concept of DRY (Don’t Repeat Yourself).
- Phalcon – It is gaining more and more popularity since it was introduced in the virtual market way back in the year 2012. The fastness of this PHP framework can be compared to a falcon, which is why it is named that way. Its performance optimization is on the highest level since it is written in C++ and C. Decreasing resource usage can be possible through Phalcon, and it can even boost the execution speed.
- CakePHP – It is the one being used by a lot of websites owned by major companies in the world like Express, Hyundai, and BMW. For high level security web application creation, CakePHP is the best one to use. It was way back in the year 2005 when the very first version of this PHP framework was released. With this, it is just right to say that it is more than a decade old.
- Zend Framework – There are lots of configuration options in this PHP framework, and it is very stable and robust. With that being said, this is not the best choice if you only have smaller projects. It is recommended for complex ones. What is the best about Zend framework is the fact that it has a lot of big time partners likes Google, Adobe, Microsoft, and IBM. It has a number of amazing features like user-friendly drag and drop editor, cryptographic coding tools, and instant online debugging.
- Slim – Everything you might need is already available from this micro PHP framework. Since it is micro, it is just right to say that it would be perfect for smaller application creation. It has a minimalistic design. The brilliant developer of this PHP framework is actually inspired with the Sinatra, which is a Ruby micro framework. It is in the development of RESTful APIs and services where Slim is extremely helpful.
- FuelPHP – This PHP framework is a full-stack one and very flexible in nature. It supports the ordinary MVC pattern. Not only that, since it also supports the HMVC or the Hierarchical Model-View-Controller. One of its amazing features is the Presenter, which is an optional class. It is extendable and modular in type. Authentication framework also comes with FuelPHP.
- PHPixie – This is one of the newest PHP frameworks available, but its functionalities are not being compromised here. It was way back in the year 2012 when PHPixie was introduced in the virtual world. Developing high performance framework intended for read-only websites is the main goal of this PHP framework. The same with FuelPHP, HMVC design pattern is implemented by this framework.
These are the 10 PHP frameworks for developers. Without a doubt, these frameworks can serve their purpose well, so they are worth the try.