These days, there are a lot of people who love to travel by sea all throughout the world. This can be made possible by a number of cruise ships available in the world today. If you are one of those people out there who are looking forward to have a wonderful cruise with the finest and luxurious cruise ships the world has to offer, then you must know the top 10 biggest cruise ships in the world. These are written below:
- Queen Mary 2 – This huge cruise ships was built way back in 1969 during the reign of Queen Elizabeth II. This is also called QM2. This is the very first vessel operated by Cunard Line. Its name, Queen Mary 2, was given in honor of Mary of Teck, who was the wife of King George V. British naval architects spearheaded by Stephen Payne were the ones who designed such huge cruise ship. It can accommodate a maximum of 3,090 passengers.
- Independence of the Seas – Such cruise ship started operating way back in the year 2008 under the management of Royal Caribbean cruise line. It can accommodate a maximum of 4,375 passengers. It is a 15-deck Freedom-class cruise ship, and it currently has 1,360 crews. This cruise ship was built in Finland. Its main base of operation is in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- Liberty of the Seas – It is another Freedom-class cruise ship owned by Royal Caribbean International. It started operating way back on May 2007. Originally, it was called the “Endeavour of the Seas”. Even so, it was later changed into “Liberty of the Seas”. It can accommodate a maximum number of 4,375 passengers. Such 15-deck cruise ship has a total number of 1,360 crews who will help the passengers. It took 18 months before it was completed.
- Freedom of the Seas – Royal Caribbean International is the owner and operator of this giant cruise ship, which can accommodate a maximum number of 4,375 passengers. It has 15 passenger decks and it has 1,300 crews who are more than ready to serve excited passengers. Until the year 2006, Freedom of the Seas was known to be the largest passenger ship available in the world. Its home port is in Port Canaveral, Florida in the United States of America.
- Norwegian Epic – It is owned by Norwegian Cruise Line, and it was built in Saint-Nazaire, France. From the year 2008 up to 2010, it was named F3 I. Even so, its name was changed into Norwegian Epic in 2010. It actually belongs to the “mega class” cruise ships because of its bigger size and luxurious facilities. It can accommodate a maximum number of 5,183 passengers. The truth is, it started its operation way back on June 24, 2010.
- Norwegian Escape – This is another huge cruise ship owned and operated by Norwegian Cruise Line that has just recently started its operation on October 2015. Its maker was none other than Meyer Werft, which is based in Papenburg, Germany. It belongs to the class of “Breakaway Plus” as far as cruise ship is concerned. It can accommodate a maximum number of 4,248 passengers.
- Anthem of the Seas – This cruise ship is operated and owned by Royal Caribbean International. It belongs to the Quantum class of cruise ships. It was built and designed by Meyer Werft that is based in Papenburg, Germany. On April 10, 2015, Anthem of the Seas was delivered to Royal Caribbean International, and its Christening day can be traced back on April 20, 2015. It can accommodate a maximum number of 4,095 passengers.
- Quantum of the Seas – This is another cruise ship operated and owned by Royal Caribbean International, which can accommodate as much as 4,095 passengers. It is the lead ship amongst the cruise ships that belong to the Quantum class. On October 28, 2014, Quantum of the Seas was delivered to Royal Caribbean International, and it started sailing from its base port in Shanghai, China. It contains 16 passenger decks, and 8 of which have ocean-overlooking balcony staterooms.
- Oasis of the Seas – It was way back on February 2006 when Royal Caribbean International ordered such cruise ship to its excellent maker, which was the STX Europe Turku Shipyard based in Finland. It was then delivered to its owner and operator Royal Caribbean International way back on October 2009. Such cruise ship sails towards the Caribbean from its base port in Fort Lauderdale, Florida in the United States. It can accommodate as much as 6,296 passengers.
- Allure of the Seas – It is actually the sister cruise ship of Oasis of the Seas, which is also operated and owned by Royal Caribbean International. It belongs to the Oasis class cruise ships. On February 2006, this cruise ship was ordered from its brilliant maker Aker Finnyards. It was built in the Perno shipyard, Turku, Finland way back on February 200. It can also accommodate a maximum number of 6,296 passengers.
These are the top 10 biggest cruise ships the world has to offer. If you are planning for a cruise, then you must try riding on these magnificent and huge vessels.