Just in case you don’t know yet, Amazon Echo is a voice command and a wireless speaker device that is used by a lot of people these days in their own homes. It allows you to manage and activate home devices in just a single command using your own voice. Moreover, it has artificial intelligence that can answer some questions for your own benefit. And since it is also a wireless speaker, you can always bring it anywhere in your house and dance with your favorite party music.
However, if you are one of those people who are looking for Amazon Echo alternatives, then here are 5 of them that you need to take into account:
- Apple HomeKit and Siri – With this cool Amazon Echo alternative, it is made possible for you to control your compatible home devices in just a single touch on your iPhone. Even though it may only be compatible to Apple products, it is still a good catch since it comes from a reliable and world-renowned maker. With the use of Siri’s voice commands, you can be able to control some home devices such as CO2 detectors, smart bridges, locks, and lights.
- HAL – It simply stands for Home Automated Living. This is a unique and cool Amazon Echo alternative since you don’t need a hardware component for this. This is simply a software that needs to be installed in your personal computer or laptop. After the installation of HAL software, you can then be able to control a number of smarthome devices such as security devices, sensors, appliances, thermostats, and even the lights at home. What’s more is that in just a phone call, you can already activate this software.
- CastleHub – This cool Amazon Echo alternative is run with an operating system called CastleOS. CastleOS is compatible with various smarthome device brands such as Enerwave, Yale, Kwikset, Ecobee, GE, Hue, WeMo, Sonos, Insteon, and Nest. Through voice commands, you can have full control of the home devices under such brands. CastleHub comes with 7 USB ports, Bluetooth, gigabit Ethernet, 802.11ac wifi, 30GB SSD, and Windows 10. What is even the best about it is it will be possible to play Spotify, YouTube, Hulu, and Netflix using it.
- Athom Homey – Such brilliant Amazon Echo alternative comes with an open platform, which is one reason why a lot of people are opting for it. With its open platform, customizing your method of controlling your smarthome devices is made possible. Moreover, there is no way you won’t love it since it can communicate with NFC, infrared, Z-Wave, Zigbee, Bluetooth, and Wi-Fi. Through this alternative, you can be able to control the devices at home by speaking normally. It is all thanks to its language processing ability. Even when you are not at home, you can still control and monitor some of the devices in your house like the thermostats, locks, and even cameras.
- Mycroft – The Arduino single-board computers and the Raspberry Pi are the inspirations of designing the hardware of this cool Amazon Echo alternative. This is one reason why Mycroft is very unique when compared to some other alternatives. Needless to say, using Mycroft will allow you to have full control of your smarthome devices. Even so, do you know that it has some other capabilities that no other controllers are capable of doing? Yes, you read it right. Good examples are having a 3D printer fired up, controlling a Roomba, specifying your music, and even posting on several social networking sites.
These are the 5 cool alternatives to the Amazon Echo that might stir the interest with you. Going for these alternatives will never give you regrets in the long run.