Are you fond of reading books or novels? Is it one of your worth spending hobby? Have you read a number of world’s best selling books? If not yet, then it is the perfect time for you to read one. One of the best selling books in the entire world available these days is The Alchemist. This book is written by a world famous author Paulo Coelho, who happens to be a Brazilian. Since the original version of this book is written in the language of Portuguese, the author tried his best to translate it into different languages so that other people can understand it. Luckily, it happened last October 2009.
The Alchemist is actually a story of a boy named Santiago. He is an Andalusian shepherd who went to Egypt just to find the treasure that keeps on coming back on his dreams. This is how the story goes of The Alchemist. This book falls to the genre of fantasy, drama, adventure, and quest. Now the big question is, do you know a lot of books that are similar to The Alchemist? Well, here are 5 of them:
- Jonathan Livingstone Seagull – This extremely well-written book is the product of the brilliant mind of Richard Bach. It is actually a story of a seagull bird that follows his heart in doing things. In other words, he does things out from his free will. His name is Jonathan. He keeps on flying to reach everything that he deserves. He is also teaching young seagulls how great the power of dreams is.
- The Little Prince – This book is written by Antoine de Saint-Exupery. He is a French author who has written the book in a French language. In order for other people to understand the book well, it was also being translated to different languages just like The Alchemist. Its story evolves to a little boy who left his own planet with a single aim on his journey; it is to discover what universe can offer.
- The Boy with the Cuckoo-Clock Heart – This book is originally written in French language since its writer is a French named Mathias Malzieu. It is a story of a boy who has a frozen solid heart sine he was born in the coldest day in the world. Because of this, a cuckoo clock is placed to his own heart. In relation to this, there are 3 golden rules he must strictly follow so that everything will be on the right track.
- The Five People You Meet in Heaven – This book is written by Mitch Albom. It is a story of an old man named Eddie. He is a wounded war veteran who believes that his life is boring and uninspired. One day, his life has ended after saving a girl in the amusement park where he worked. When he wakes up, he found himself in the place of afterlife where he meets 5 people, explaining to him his real existence on earth.
- The Last American Man – This book is written by Elizabeth Gilbert. It is inspired by a true personal life experience. It’s a story of a 17-year-old young man who left his village and went to Appalachian Mountains. He then lives here for 20 years, surviving in a traditional way like wearing skins of animals as his clothes.
These are the 5 books that you would like to read as they are similar to The Alchemist. Reading them all will surely give you more knowledge about life and many others.